[mythtv-users] Live TV playback frustration

Jim Morton Jim at Morton.hrcoxmail.com
Wed Aug 8 18:15:53 UTC 2012

On 8/8/2012 2:02 PM, Pieter De Wit wrote:
> <snip>
>> These kinds of errors often indicate a deadlock in mythbackend.  A
>> number of deadlocks have recently been found and fixed, with the fixes
>> in the 0.26 beta.  These issues have been around for a long time, and
>> they tend to be triggered by less predictable real-time events like
>> watching Live TV or EIT updates.
>>
>> You could try out 0.26-beta (being sure to have a DB backup first),
>> but that has its own set of risks.
>>
>> Jim
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have often wondered how many of the dev's (and users) out there are
> using LiveTV, for LiveTV. Since 0.25 I have seen an increase in the
> number of issues on LiveTV. One (or more - the one I am thinking about
> is the program switch over freezing bug - it's still in 0.26) got
> reported and I added comments, but it does appear that the number of
> people (and dev's ?) watching TV is declining ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pieter

Very few if any Devs use live tv.

Mostly people that use DVRs for any length of time get away from
watching live tv. The advantages of recording everything you might
possibly want to watch and then then picking from what has been recorded
are many. I don't know of any advantages to watching live tv.