[mythtv-users] Exporting for iPad

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Wed Aug 8 11:13:16 UTC 2012

We're going away on holiday and I'd like to put a few of the kids' favourites on the iPad.

I was excited to find this[1] perl script for ipod export, but when I tried to run it I got all kinds of warnings (I'm running Ubuntu 12.04) saying ffmpeg is deprecated.

So my new tactic is just to use avconv on files in the /home/mythtv/recordings directory that start with the right channel ID. I'm planning to put them into a DropBox folder so I can see them from the iPad.

Anyone see a flaw in this plan? Any better ideas or experiences out there?

[1] http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Ipod_export

cheers,
Matt

--