[mythtv-users] A plea for some consideration for the poor suffering MythTV users

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 8 01:34:08 UTC 2012

>> Now installing or compiling stuff for windows?  That is a pain in the
>> ass and does require a wiki article explaining how to manually install
>> 20+ dependencies.
>
> I assume from all the replies that if ever anyone encounters a problem
> installing MythTV then they blow away their chosen distribution and
> install the latest Mythbuntu.
>
> From those suggestions, what would be the expected result from using
> 'apt-get ....' on my Gentoo system for example - yup, got it in one -
> " -bash: apt-get: command not found"
>
> In other words, Linux != Mythbuntu, even for a MythTV install.

Robin

Not putting too fine a point on it.....

Stop being a horses ar*e.

I was the first to reply to the OP and he specifically states that he
has installed Mint Maya.

Mint Maya is based upon Ubuntu and uses apt-get as it's repo handler.

If he'd said he was using Fedora I'd have said he should use yumex and
install the RPM Fusion repos to install myth but other repos existed.

Simplistically the reason everyone said to use apt-get was everyone
was responding to the information the OP had posted, this was an
answer only for him not a general installation guide for all users.

Rant Over!!