[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend and Mate window manager interaction problem?

Martin Brown junki at internode.on.net
Tue Aug 7 07:53:25 UTC 2012

This seems to be an interaction problem between Mint Maya (Mate window manager, Gnome 2) and MythTV but it might be
something else. After a major upgrade of the motherboard, Linux to Mint Maya (Mate) 13, MythTV 0.25.2, and a new tuner
card I have mostly ironed out all the issues but have one really annoying one:

When escaping from watching a recorded program, the program will remain frozen on top preventing me from seeing the Myth
menus. After alt-tab'ing to another window and back again to Myth Frontend, it's all OK. It doesn't happen every time
either. About once in every four video views.

I've tried configuring MythTV to be "always on top" but this seems to have no effect on the problem.

Many thanks,
Martin