[mythtv-users] User job

Chris Porter hoodlum7 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 16:13:12 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 4:05 AM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>wrote:

> On 06/08/12 01:45, Bill Meek wrote:
>
>> On 08/05/2012 07:22 PM, Chris Porter wrote:
>>  > What has me banging my head against the wall is the script ruins
>> outside
>>
>>> mythtv's job queue, but not if it is run by the job queue.
>>>

>> OK, if the return code is 0 on when run from the command line, then
>> is there a difference between the user running the command? Probably
>> mythtv when the backend runs it and your own user name when run from
>> the command line.
>>
>>    diff  ~mythtv/.mythtv/mysql.txt ~/.mythtv/mysql.txt
>>
>> for example.
>>
>>  Or environment variables. This has been pointed out as a possible reason
> for some other discrepancies. How is $HOME set, for example, in each case?
> Other variables which may differ according to how the script is run and
> from where?
>
> --
>
> Mike Perkins

when I get home this evening from work I will check out the above suggests.

Just for further information the ipodexport.pl does not exit until the job
is complete. Matter of fact when run from the Mythtv job queue it never
actually starts the process of exporting. it immediately errors out.

--
Working on World Domination since 2001