[mythtv-users] Partial Lock issues with MythTV 0.25

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 23:13:51 UTC 2012

On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 11:02 PM, William Kellogg <wgkellogg at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had an issue with that when I was working with TimeWarner get it
> setup initially, but that has been solved. The logs on the HDHomeRun
> Prime so that it is a subscribed channel and tuned to it, and the
> Windows 7 Media Center accesses the HDHomeRun Prime independently of
> MythTV (front end or backend, it goes directlt to the HDHomeRun Prime
> across the home network) and works fine on all channels.

Yes, the secret password is TWC.  They(*) copy protect almost all content
(the exceptions being OTA and a few local (public service) franchise
channels, and usually cspan, etc.).  WMC (and TiVo) implement the
required DRM to allow them to record TWC content.  MythTV does
not.

Gary

(*) While each franchise is different, corporate policy is claimed to
be to set copy-once on all channels other than OTA (and friends).