[mythtv-users] Foolproof Mythbuntu start/restart irexec command

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 19:03:42 UTC 2012

Head's spinning after Googling this and finding so many different
examples many of which seem to be out of date or specific to different
versions, etc.

Running Mythbuntu 11.04 which does the /notify message/autorestart of
the frontend if it crashes.

I'm looking for a script/command line that will restart the frontend
if it's frozen and start it if it's down. I don't know how to write
bash scripts, but I'm assuming the logic is if it's running "killall
mythfrontend.real" so Mythbuntu can autostart it and if it's not
running then "mythfrontend --service &"

What are you guys doing?