[mythtv-users] Problem compiling latest trunk - undefined reference to `MythRAOPDevice::HardwareId()'

Jeff Piazza jeff at jeffpiazza.org
Thu Aug 2 18:42:57 UTC 2012

On 13 May 2012 03:00, Tom Lichti <tom [at] redpepperracing> wrote:

> ../../libs/libmythtv/libmythtv-0.26.so: undefined reference to
> `MythRAOPDevice::HardwareId()'
>
> I have done a couple of make clean ; make distclean ; configure ; make
> but they all fail in the same place. All of the machines are FC13,
> with what should be the same libs installed, but I assume I am missing
> something, any idea what?

I'm experiencing this issue, too, on an install of 0.25.1 on a new box.

Looking at libs/libmythtv/libmythtv.pro, MythRAOPDevice only gets included in the library if libcrypto is enabled.  The dependency from mythairplayserver, however, is unconditional.

libcrypto is enabled by default, but will be silently disabled if you don't have the openssl libraries.  This was the issue for me; hope it helps you.

Best,
/JEP