[mythtv-users] Composite / All Available inputs used error

Raymond Norton admin at lctn.org
Mon Apr 30 15:15:52 UTC 2012

I have a working .24 system using a WinTV HVR-1950 tuner. (dual USB tuner)

I am attempting to use the composite input to capture video from VHS tapes

The QAM side of the tuner works fine (over air). I went back into mythtv
setup and have attempted to set up the analog side. I have tried  V4L 1
and IVTV MPEG-2, selecting tv as default and have also tried to set
composite as default.

In Video Source Setup, I create one named Composite, with no grabber

On Inputs I have set the source to "/dev/video0 composite", starting
channel to 100 (does not exist in guide)

In Channel Editor I created channel name "Composite", channel number  100

Restarted the backend, ran mythfilldatabse, and then launched mythfrontend.

Watch TV works fine, but pressing "Y" does not change between sources.
"C" displays the digital side, but manually entering channel 100 gives
me the following error.

"MythTV is already using all available inputs for the channel you
selected".........

Any ideas what I might have mis-configured ?

Raymond