[mythtv-users] Can I pass parameters to my channel changing script?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 11:09:37 UTC 2012

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 19:05, Patrick Oglesby <octoberblu3 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You have to do locking, otherwise you can have a race condition.

I have been using the script "change-channel-lirc.pl" for three of my
Comcast DTAs.  I had not considered the issue of a race condition
before now and in over a year of usage I have seen no evidence of such
an issue.  I don't see anything in this script to prevent this
problem, but scanning through my mythbackend.log files, it looks like
the cases where multiple recordings start at the same time is handled
by mythbackend issuing the tuning commands in sequential order, rather
than concurrently.  Have I just been lucky (perhaps due to using a
single-core processor for most of the time and only recently upgrading
to a dual core CPU) or is the risk of a race condition not so
clear-cut?

Craig.