[mythtv-users] .25 popup down menu redraws and flickers several times

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Apr 30 09:16:47 UTC 2012

On 29/04/12 20:33, Rick wrote:
> On 04/28/2012 05:11 PM, Thomas Boehm wrote:
>
> I normally use the mythcenter-wide theme.  Right after upgrading it
> switched to the Terra theme.  I then switched it back to
> mythcenter-wide.

I've suffered this recently as I'm in the middle of a migration from one OS to
another. Couldn't understand what had happened at first.

Turns out this is a red flag that you're not using the settings that you
originally configured in the database, and in my case this was due to an
inadvertant change in the hostname.

In my case I changed *one* word in my default network configuration, to remove a
DHCP/hotplug bug in Debian, and my hostname spontaneously changed from
'ruby.local' to 'ruby.example.com' on the next boot. I have no idea why. Lo and
behold, half my settings disappeared.

To Mike Dean et al: I changed *nothing* in my mythtv config to cause this. I
have exactly one copy of mysql.txt and config.xml with symlinks to them from
everywhere required. Nevertheless, mythbackend startup decided that I was
operating a new slave back end.

--

Mike Perkins