[mythtv-users] Weird logic

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Apr 29 21:37:44 UTC 2012

On 04/29/2012 10:54 AM, Saul A. Peebsen wrote:
> Running 0.25 fixes.
> I have a dual analog tuner.
> Live TV was in one of them, there was an upcoming recording, I assumed
> it will be using second tuner but no. The menu popped up on liveTV, I
> did not respond, when I came back to TV it was showing the running
> recording instead. I hit Esc because I wanted to watch it later ... and
> that canceled the recording.
> Why can't it use free tuners for recording?

Because it always uses the best tuner available (meaning uses tuners
based on recording order you specified)--figuring that a recording
you're keeping is more important than Live TV that will automatically
delete.
>   How comes the recording was
> canceled without any warning?

That's a known issue--the whole "we need this tuner for a recording"
popup is in need of lots of fixes.

Mike