[mythtv-users] Is there a way to pad individual recordings in a recording rule?

David Engel david at istwok.net
Sun Apr 29 15:35:01 UTC 2012

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 08:16:15AM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 04/28/2012 11:37 PM, Paul Stillwell wrote:
> >I have a rule set to record college lacrosse on ESPNU any time it is on. The games are scheduled to be 2 hours long, but they often go over by a few minutes. They also schedule them such that they are usually back-to-back. What I would like to do is pad the second recording of the day since the first recording for the day will be caught in the second recording, but I can't find a way to do it.
> >
> >Any ideas? I don't want to go in and hack the database to do this.
> >

> Could use a "Power Recording Rule" using some relatively-advanced
> date functions to check for the last "episode" of the day.

I don't think the query needs to be that complex.  The following
(untested) should work.  Use "program AS nextprogram" for the join
part and the where part should then be:

  program.title = "Lacrosse" AND nextprogram.chanid = program.chanid AND
  nextprogram.starttime = program.endtime AND nextprogram.title <> "Lacrosse"

Change the <> to = for the nextprogram.title check to match the games
that have another one following.

David
--
David Engel