[mythtv-users] Guide Stutter

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 02:35:08 UTC 2012

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Scott & Nicole Harris
<snharris99 at live.com> wrote:
> Has anyone else noticed that with 0.25, the scrolling the guide in Live TV
> causes the live preview to stutter with every vertical selection change?  It
> appears it may have something to do with the way channel icons are handled,
> because they all flicker as the redraw in their new positions when this
> happens.

I would guess it has to do with the various fixes for channel changing
in live TV.  I think there are queries going on about whether the
channel is currently tunable, and that is happening in the main event
loop.  If the query/queries take longer than the frame interval, there
is stuttering.

Jim