[mythtv-users] .25 two out of six shows tonight, no commercials flagged

Zarthan South zarthan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 17:59:14 UTC 2012

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Zarthan South <zarthan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 12:41 AM, Kenneth Emerson
>> <kenneth.emerson at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > I would wager that your commflag process is segfaulting.  What do you
>> have
>> > on your status page / Job Queue in MythWeb?  Does it show that the
>> commflag
>> > jobs failed?  If it doesn't show up at all, then there is something
>> wrong
>> > processing your job queue.
>>
>> Hmm...don't remember seeing any segfaults in the log. Will take a
>> closer look. No errors appeared in the job queue status either. If I
>> remember correctly, he shows that failed didn't show in the job queue
>> status page at all.
>>
>> And then...last night all the shows were flagged. It's hit and miss.
>>

> I wonder if this is related. On the mythweb backend status page I see very
> stale job queue entries. All of the the other jobs, metadata lookup and my
> userjobs have expired from the list. I don't need the commercial flagging
> since I don't use a FE so I am going to disable it but this is strange.
>
> Jobs currently in Queue or recently ended:
> Thu 4/12 9:00 PM - Awake - Flag Commercials
> Sun 4/22 7:00 PM - Fox's 25th Anniversary Special - Flag Commercials
> Tue 4/24 9:30 PM - Rudy Maxa's World - Flag Commercials
> Tue 4/24 11:00 PM - Powering the Planet -- Earth: The Operators' Manual -
> Flag Commercials
> Wed 4/25 5:00 AM - Powering the Planet -- Earth: The Operators' Manual -
> Flag Commercials
> Wed 4/25 5:00 AM - Heaven Is Our Homeland: The Gluckstalers in New Russia
> and North America - Flag Commercials
> Wed 4/25 8:00 AM - The Desert Speaks - Flag Commercials
> Wed 4/25 12:00 PM - Rick Steves' Europe - Flag Commercials
> Thu 4/26 2:00 AM - NOVA - Flag Commercials
> Thu 4/26 5:00 AM - Last of the Rainwater Basins - Flag Commercials
> Thu 4/26 12:00 PM - Rudy Maxa's World - Flag Commercials
> Thu 4/26 5:30 PM - NBC Nightly News - Flag Commercials
> Thu 4/26 6:00 PM - PBS NewsHour - Flag Commercials
> Thu 4/26 8:00 PM - Person of Interest - Flag Commercials

Even though the job queue didn't indicate a failure and many many Flag
Commercial job entries came and went the jobqueue table had no completion
status (just a blank) for the queue listing in mythweb. I manually removed
the job items with no completion entry and the job queue status page in
mythweb is now cleaned up.