[mythtv-users] myth .25 verdict?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 22:29:38 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Dan Armbrust
<daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Your scheduler issue sounds more like an issue with your setup than an
>> inherent flaw in MythTV, I've never seen it do that and I have 6
>> tuners.
>
> Yea, I went around on the list about this before... it started
> happening sometime between .23 and .24... but I was never able to fix
> it.  Or get a lead on what was causing it, be it myth or config
> related.  But it sure seemed like a bug to me that it wouldn't realize
> it was already recording the exact same show, on the same channel.  I
> even did  a clean install after a HD failure, and it was still
> happening.
>
> Not worth discussing again until I upgrade to current, at this point, however.

definitely bring it up again once you do. sometimes it just takes a
"reboot" of an issue on the list to actually get anywhere.

>> I don't have an HDPVR anymore, but my parents have two, I've yet to
>> see a 0-byte recording from them, though it could also be that it had
>> to reschedule a recording because of an error that would normally
>> leave a 0-byte recording.
>
> My issue looked the same, but it wasn't HDPVR specific (I don't have
> any).  Somewhere in the .23-.24 timeline, several things got broken
> that resulted in 0 byte files, and then completely mishandling the
> detection of a recording failure in those cases.  But most people
> experienced it with the HDPVR... so it was hard to keep a clean thread
> on the different but identical looking issues there.  But that has
> gotten better on my system with the more recent fixes.  I just hope it
> doesn't come back when I upgrade :)

Ah, well, with my two QAM tuners and a Ceton I have not had any 0byte
recordings. The only time I saw them on my system or my parents system
was with the HDPVR, which so far (a few weeks on their system, since
rc1 release on mine) has not been an issue.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!