[mythtv-users] My HDHomerun stopped working with MythTV, but ok in Windows

Kane Tse kane.tse at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 19:42:02 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 11:43 AM, George Nassas <gnassas at mac.com> wrote:
> On 2012-04-25, at 1:29 PM, Kane Tse wrote:
>
> 4) I tried deleting ALL tuners in MythTV and then readding them
>
> Oddly, seemed to help briefly, but then returned 15-20 minutes later.
>

> Just curious, when you added the HDHR was it located by IP number or its
> serial ID? Once, in a hurry, I made the mistake of using IP number which
> worked until the HDHR renewed its DHCP lease and got a different number.
> It's probably not your problem but just in case.

I am using the IP address of the HDHR.  However, I have a DHCP server
running on my router that assigns static leases to the HDHomerun based
on its MAC address.

For the others following this thread -- thanks for all your help.  I
have completed the drop all tuners and drop all listing sources from
MythTV and reading them in.  All tuners seem to be working for now;
but mythfilldatabase is still running.  Will see what happens tonight
when the prime time hits.

For some reason, MythTV has gone on a crusade to run commercial
detection on every single recording in the database.  Any idea why
this is happening?  Is it related to the drop/re-add of the listing
sources?