[mythtv-users] Alternatives to MythMusic in 0.25, has anyone already found one?

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Wed Apr 25 18:05:41 UTC 2012

On 25/04/2012 17:29, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Mike Perkins
> <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>  wrote:
>> Um, the same way I select a recording in "Watch Recordings" and it starts
>> playing? The same way I click on a video and it starts playing?
>
> I'll try this again when I get home tonight.  I don't think I tried it
> with individual tracks.  When you select and album or artist it starts
> playing, but maybe tracks are different for some reason.

Yep, if you select an album it immediately starts playing, so the only
really awkward thing is that you have to change view to the playlist
editor before you can get started. Perhaps, if one shutsdown the FE
correctly, that view selection is remembered, so you have to make
the view change only once.

Tracks being different to albums is a bit confusing. It would perhaps
be better if the current playlist started as soon as it was non empty,
whether it be by the addition of a track or an album. Also it is a
huge pain that selections are lost if the frontend is just killed off.

I'm one of the people who like the new MythMusic, by the way.

Paul.