[mythtv-users] My HDHomerun stopped working with MythTV, but ok in Windows

Kane Tse kane.tse at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 17:29:14 UTC 2012

Okay, did some tests:

1) Using the linux hdhomerun_config_gui.

Everything looks good (just like in Windows).  So it appears not to be
a hardware issue, and also appears to be MythTV-specific.

2) New power wart.

As I mentioned in my first post, this has already been tried.

3) Dying NIC

I did an ifconfig -a and saw 0 dropped packets and 0 errored packets
on all interfaces.  Plus, my during successful hdhomerun_config_gui
attempt listed above, I seemed to be getting a pretty acceptable
picture with around 15-20 Mbps data transfer rate.

4) I tried deleting ALL tuners in MythTV and then readding them

Oddly, seemed to help briefly, but then returned 15-20 minutes later.
I am not 100% sure, but it may have coincided with a Hauppauge HD-PVR
that was not reconfigured correctly.  I tried to replicate the
conditions (removing either my HD-PVR or HVR-850 from MythTV) but the
HDHomerun is still acting up.

My next theory is to drop all listing sources and tuners and readd
everything again.  Maybe it's a tuning frequency table thing?

5) optimize_mythtvdb.pl

Also have run this a few times.  My backend has been shutting down due
to overheating lately, even while flagging only a single show .  I
suspect the thermal paste needs reapplication.  However, I also
suspect the MythTV is trying to commflag the glitchy HDhomerun
recordings and it is consuming alot of CPU trying to process it.