[mythtv-users] Alternatives to MythMusic in 0.25, has anyone already found one?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Apr 25 15:58:57 UTC 2012

On 25/04/12 15:22, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 3:36 AM, Gordon McCrae<gordon.mccrae at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> This whole thing was covered in detail back in February, which I read
>> through when I first tried out 0.25. There was a comment that the developer
>> was not open to changing the playlist orientated direction of the code.
>> Based on this, I've started looking for an alternative.
>>
>> I'm not blaming the developer, I'm not blaming anyone, I'm simply looking
>> for an alternative because it's been made clear to me that what I want (the
>> pre 0.25 functionality) is not coming any time soon.
>
> Well, the other thing not coming back any time soon is that developer.
>   Somebody needs to step up to the plate to take over maintenance of
> MythMusic.  Maybe I'll do it, I don't know, but I really have no clue
> what you guys are missing in terms of being able to play music without
> a playlist.  The concept doesn't even make sense to me.  How can an
> application play music without having at least an internal list of
> what it's playing?

Um, the same way I select a recording in "Watch Recordings" and it starts
playing? The same way I click on a video and it starts playing?

*This* is the way the rest of mythtv works. The UI for the whole system ought to
be internally consistent, right? Same buttons do the same things?

I notice that there are 'playlists' available when watching recordings. Possibly
in video, never noticed. I have only ever used them when bulk deleting files.

--

Mike Perkins