[mythtv-users] Alternatives to MythMusic in 0.25, has anyone already found one?

Scott and Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Wed Apr 25 15:29:07 UTC 2012

> <snharris99 at live.com> wrote:
> > When a track is selected, it should start to play (resigning myself to the
> > "fact" that it must also be added to the playlist now).
>
> But doesn't it do that already? As far as I can tell, that's exactly
> how it works now, just like it did in .24.
>
> I really feel like I'm missing something, because I just don't
> understand how you see the .25 "playlist model" as any different than
> it was in .24.
>
> Eric

No, that isn't how it works already.  Currently, when you navigate the tree, find a *track* (not album, artist, etc -> a specific *track*) and press "select", the only thing that happens is the track gets added to the current, unnamed playlist (which if you don't know that's what's happening is confusing on its own). You then have to work your way over to said current, unnamed playlist, find the song you just added and press "select" again to actually have it play.  AFAICT, even if you select at the album or artist level, it will only start playing your selection if you choose the "replace" option, which means that if I just want to play the album I selected I have to clear all my other selections or again, make my way over to the current playlist, find my new selections and play them.
Now, it's entirely possible that I've missed how to actually do what I'm saying it doesn't do.  If that's true, I apologize, and would say as someone who works all day with computers, that goes to the whole usability issue that's being raised.  If *I* can't figure it out, I guarantee you my wife or 8 year old twins won't be able to.
As far as 0.24 "always worked that way too", that's false.  In 0.24, when you selected a song to play, it played it, if you selected an album or artist, it queued all items under it.  There was no secondary "holding tank" that you had to move to to actually play your selections (which just keeps getting more and more cluttered as you simply want to play a song).  You could create play lists if you wanted to, but it was not required.