[mythtv-users] schedulesdirect not working

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 14:20:10 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 9:15 AM, Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-04-25 at 07:38 -0500, William Powers wrote:
>> On Apr 24, 2012, at 11:16 PM, Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:
>>
>> > I also tried using wget to fetch https://www.schedulesdirect.org/getdata
>> > (specifying --http-user and --http-password) and that works.
>> If you can download the data file with wget, you may be able to use
> the
>> old-school tv_grab_na_dd method and run mythfilldatabase with the
>> downloaded file
>
> I spoke too soon. When I do this, all I am really getting is the login
> page. I tried putting this URL into Firefox directly after logging in,
> and I do get a lot of XML data, but it looks to be mostly channel data,
> no programming data. If I select all, then manually paste it into a
> file, and run it through mythfilldatabase --file --xmlfile=<pasted file>
> --sourceid=1, it behaves pretty much the same way as regular
> mythfilldatabase; no download error of course, but no program data gets
> loaded either.
>
> I also note that my first attempts to do this resulted in complaints,
> because my config.xml file was empty. I am surprised, then, that
> anything else actually worked, but Mythweb was happy to read the
> database when there was still data there to read, as was mythbackend. So
> I fixed this, then mythfilldatabase complains about a missing mysql.txt
> file. I fixed that too (although it shouldn't be necessary), but
> correcting the config file issues only resulted in those single error
> messages going away, mythfilldatabase still gets a download error when I
> run it normally. I'm hard against the brick wall.
>
> Does anybody know how to manually fetch my program data from Schedules
> Direct? I wouldn't be surprised if this is not possible since it is,
> after all, licensed proprietary data, so it may be that only "approved"
> software can fetch the data.

xmltv is approved.

Here's the boilerplate I send to users who open a Schedules Direct
ticket.  Hint, hint.
"
Can you check
http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=295
for instructions and see if they help in solving your issue?

If you get to the point where you’ve checked the raw XML using the
“getdata” URL and it’s correct, then we know that it's an application
issue and not what you're being sent.
"

In that forum post are instructions on how to use tv_grab_na_dd to
pull the raw data.