[mythtv-users] MythMusic 0.24 on 0.25 compile problem WAS: Re: 0.25 Music & Videos Questions

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 13:55:33 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 10:18 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25 April 2012 11:18, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>> how would I go about finding out when that is and obtaining the files?
>
> github
> go on the mythplugins/mythmusic directory and click on history.

ok, I think I figured out which commit it was, but I can't for the
life of me figure out how to use git to download that commit?
fist I did
git clone https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git
then went into the mythtv directory and ran

# git checkout adf396df04c8583f98bc1d7ab468588cfb80b6b4
Note: checking out 'adf396df04c8583f98bc1d7ab468588cfb80b6b4'.

You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental
changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in this
state without impacting any branches by performing another checkout.

If you want to create a new branch to retain commits you create, you may
do so (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again. Example:

  git checkout -b new_branch_name

HEAD is now at adf396d... Update the German translation of:
mythfrontend mytharchive mythbrowser mythgallery mythgame mythmusic
mythnetvision mythnews mythweather mythzoneminder

but now I can't figure out how to get it to make what I have a
reflection of that commit?
--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!