[mythtv-users] My HDHomerun stopped working with MythTV, but ok in Windows

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Apr 25 12:19:29 UTC 2012

On 2012-04-24, at 23:51, Kane Tse <kane.tse at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 7:32 AM, Kane Tse <kane.tse at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
>>> Is it only a problem with mythtv recordings?  In other words, have you
>>> tried running the Silicon Dust Linux version of their utility on your
>>> backend?
>>
>> I have not tried with the Silicon Dust Linux.  I don't even think I
>> have that installed.  However, will give it a shot and report back.
>
> Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the hdhomerun_config_gui utility to
> run.  Despite running 'ldconfig' as per SiliconDust's instructions at
> http://www.silicondust.com/support/hdhomerun/downloads/linux/, I still
> the same message about:
>
> hdhomerun_config_gui: error while loading shared libraries:
> libhdhomerun.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
>

> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 8:27 PM, Matt Boyd <mattslists at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm wondering if there's a network issue with the HDHR. I wasn unable
>> to get a signal lock with mythtv & the hdhr that were solved by doing
>> an ifup / ifdown on the interface the HDHR was connected to after
>> mythtv had started. The hdhomerun config util worked fine and would
>> tune/scan but myth would only get a partial lock until I restarted the
>> network card.
>
> Tried that, it didn't work.
>
> Looking increasingly like a reformat is on the horizon (sigh).  I
> don't even seem to be able to upgrade to 0.25 using atrpms (Fedora 15)
> either due

Two things: try a different power wart for the hdhr. I had a similar problem a couple of years ago. The power supply was dieing. It would report properly but not record.

It really sounds more like a dieing NIC. I recently had that too! I added an external NIC and that solved the problem. I ended up using a USB-to-NIC adaptor costing $16. Wish I had had one at a couple of points in the past to avoid problems.
Geoff