[mythtv-users] Command Line Control

Ben Butler ben.butler at west16.co.uk
Wed Apr 25 11:07:44 UTC 2012

Hi Al,

Ok, I have read the wiki on the Network Remote Control and have been
experimenting but have hit a wall.

(Mythfrontend is positioned in the menu tree under Media Library -> Watch
Videos)

In remote control ncat session:

# key enter
OK  <-----------------At this point my mpg file plays out on screen.
# query location
Playback Video 0:02 1x myth://Videos@192.168.150.201:6543/ROND.MPG 58 23.976

<---------------The above give me the myth url to use in the below

# play file myth://Videos@192.168.150.201:6543/ROND.MPG
OK
#  <---------------Nothing has been played out but now repositioned to the
root of the menu tree

I cant see what I am doing wrong and why it does work if I send key
commands but not if I use "play file" and feed it the same myth url from
playing with keystrokes....?

Please help.

Thanks

Ben