[mythtv-users] schedulesdirect not working

Brandon Rogers blrogers at ieee.org
Wed Apr 25 02:07:20 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 2:33 PM, Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:

> Crap crap crap crap CRAP! I have now realized that I am having this
> problem too.
>
> This is a new thread with the same title because I didn't save all the
> old messages to reply to, but I just realized I am having the same
> problem: no new guide data since upgrading to 0.25. I went to
> gossamer-threads and reread the old thread, and it doesn't look like
> anybody who was having this problem was able to solve it other than by
> downgrading back to 0.24, which I won't have time to do before I have
> some critical recordings coming up (two game 7's in the Stanley Cup
> Playoffs).
>
> Has anyone succeeded in debugging this? It looks like a waste of time to
> try changing my password (which still works on the web site) and things
> like that.
>
> --Greg

I am having this problem as well.  At first I couldn't tell, because EIT
scans were keeping my listing up to date for at least 24 hours in the
future and I didn't notice the missing schedule beyond that time.  Here are
the steps that I have tried...

1) Downgraded to 0.24.  Works like a charm.

2) In 0.25, ran mythfilldatabase on the command line.  Got this response:

2012-04-24 20:51:47.699455 E  DataDirect: Failed to get data: Download error
2012-04-24 20:51:47.699473 E  Encountered error in grabbing data.
2012-04-24 20:51:47.700508 E  Failed to fetch some program info
2012-04-24 20:51:57.718695 E  DataDirect: GrabNextSuggestedTime: Could not
download

Note: I don't see very much data that would be useful in tracking down this
problem in the mythfilldatabase log files, but I'm not mythtv guru, so I
could very well be wrong.

3) Tried to manually download directly from SD using a web browser (
www.schedulesdirect.org/getdata).  This worked perfectly (although would be
a bit tedious to do myself... yeah, I'm lazy ;-)

4) Thinking that something got screwed up in the upgrade to 0.25, I
reloaded all of mythtv (deleted all source, libraries, binaries, configs,
wiped out the mythconverg databases, etc), got the latest fixes/0.25 from
git, re-compiled and re-installed.  This time when in mythtv-setup, the
lineup dropdown would not populate after connecting to SD, so there seems
to definitely be a systematic problem with connecting to Schedules Direct.

5) I've tried every way I can think of to test if this is a problem with my
system or mythtv... anyone have any suggestions on where to go next?  I can
provide logs as needed.

Cheers,
Brandon