[mythtv-users] mythmusic 0.25 What's the fuss about?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 00:17:02 UTC 2012

On 25 April 2012 04:27, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> that is exactly one of the big complaints, that the directory listing
> was taken away. It makes it very difficult for those with large
> libraries, or libraries of various sources to go through. My library
> is just too large and varied for the new system to work effectively.

I would argue that if you had proper metadata, none of this would be necessary.

The only reason I had organised my music files on the disk, was to get
around the lack of metadata.
My disk was organised as:
Author / Album Names / File

Now that I've had proper meta-data, not once have I had to look at how
my files are stored. and I just don't bother, I copy the files in a
Music folder and forget about it.

There are plenty of tools that will retrieve the metadata for you. Or
re-rip the disk using a tool that does a CDDB queries first and create
the filename properly

Disk structure is so 1990s.

Everyone complained the iPhone completely hid it, 6 years later, no
one care anymore...