[mythtv-users] Alternatives to MythMusic in 0.25, has anyone already found one?

Gordon McCrae gordon.mccrae at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 21:08:04 UTC 2012

On 24/04/12 21:52, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 4:31 PM, EJS<ejshoor at yahoo.com>  wrote:
>> As an aside, I havent upgraded to .25 yet, but I was so sad to hear people
>> arent happy with the mythmusic rewrite.  I had such high hopes and had been
>> waiting so long for it to come out...
> Keep in mind that this opinion is not unanimous.  You might like the
> new .25 version better.  It definitely needs a bit of work, but this
> push to replace it completely seems insane to me.
>
> Eric

Let's be clear Eric, no-one is saying it should be replaced, simply that
we don't like the "everything is a playlist" concept and that we
preferred the old method of having a directory tree that you could
simply browse around and if you clicked play at the top level it played
all your music, if you clicked at an artist it played everything by that
artist, if you clicked at an album it played the album and if you
clicked on a song it played a song.

I also used playlists in the old MythTV, but only used them for stuff
like "all the kids' pop songs" or "the wife's dinner party music" type
of thing.

So as an alternative to complaining about MythMusic in 0.25, we (or at
least me and a few others) would like an alternative.

I personally find the new interface cumbersome and my wife and kids
couldn't understand it at all, quote from my 11 year old "why change it
so you have to press more buttons".

Anyway, as I said, I don't want to rag on the new version; plenty of
people like it, I would simply like an alternative to keep the peace at
home.

And remember; one man's insanity is another's genius!

Cheers
Gordon