[mythtv-users] Upgrade to 0.25 - not able to schedule recordings and no recording schedule

mlt at etruscott.co.uk mlt at etruscott.co.uk
Mon Apr 23 21:46:50 UTC 2012

>On 4/22/2012 17:19, Malcolm Parsons wrote:
>>> On 21 April 2012 23:09,<mlt [at] etruscott> wrote:
>>> I have just upgraded from 0.24 and somehow my upcoming recordings are
blank,  otherwise everything seems fine.
> >When I upgraded from 0.24 to 0.25, my master backend decided it was a
>> slave backend:
>>
>> In 0.24 I had:
>> MasterServerIP = backend
>> BackendServerIP = backend
>In other words, in 0.24, your system was broken. When the schema update
>attempted to populate the two new address options, it failed to process  the
>invalid IP address "backend", and so reset everything to the  defaults of
>127.0.0.1 and ::1.
Interestingly I had similar problem although I have combined front/backend.
The masterserver IP was the machine name and wasn't recognised after the
upgrade so I needed to change it to 127.0.0.1 and it will then schedule
recordings, etc.
I solved my other problem of mythtv-setup only by reinstalling the system  -
no combination of deleting and reinstalling packages worked (and I tried most
of the weekend).