[mythtv-users] 0.25 on mac-mini

Sean Whitney sean.whitney at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 16:40:22 UTC 2012

I've tried all the VDA (normal, slim) profiles with basically similar
results.  I was using the blit (xv-blit or quartz-blit) with the mini
prior to this.  I don't think the version of 0.24 had the VDA profile
included, or if it did I wasn't using it.

As for 1080 playback there were occasion blips or slow downs but it was
barely noticeable with 0.24 but now with 0.25 the 1080 content isn't
watchable.

Sean

On 04/23/2012 09:28 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 24 April 2012 01:25, Sean Whitney <sean.whitney at gmail.com> wrote:
>> My mac mini was almost flawless in playback under 0.24.  Now any 1080
>> recordings play back with stuttering audio/video.  The HD test video
>> under setup plays back flawlessly.
>>
>> I'm using the latest build on sourceforge.  I've attached log files of
>> the playback error and specific of the file.
>>
>> Any help would be great!
>
> Use the VDA Normal profile instead of VDA High Quality
>
> I have serious doubt that what did play in 0.24 now wouldn't play in
> 0.25 all things considered. Mac mini with a nvidia 320M use a Core 2
> Duo at 2.4GHz max, that doesn't have enough grunt for some of the
> videos created by the HD-PVR
>
> You must have changed something, such as the video type being decoded,
> the video profile used to decode.
>
> Were you using VDA with 0.24 too?
> JY

Science is not an exercise in consensus.