[mythtv-users] Alternatives to MythMusic in 0.25, has anyone already found one?

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 10:09:18 UTC 2012

2012/4/22 Gavin Whitehead <gavin at alabastercranium.demon.co.uk>:
> On 17/04/2012 21:30, Thomas Boehm wrote:
>> Gordon McCrae wrote:
>>> Not wanting to reinvent the wheel, and conscious that compiling the
>>> old 0.24.x MythMusic to work with 0.25 is a very temporary solution at
>>> best, I'd like to know if anyone else out there uses alternative music
>>> players that implement the same sort of ARTIST/ALBUM/SONG structure
>>> that the old MythMusic used and can be controlled simply with a remote
>>> control (no keyboards on any of my eight MythTV systems).
>> I'm using XBMC for music and other stuff like iPlayer. I assigned an
>> unused button on my remote control to kill mythfrontend and start xbmc
>> and vice versa.
>> HTH
>> Thomas
> Thomas,
> Could you tell me how you set this up?  It sounds like something I would
> like to try.
> Gavin

I must say i never really got used to the old .24 mythmusic interface
the only option i used was random play all and hit next until some
song that i liked started. But since this was  cumbersome so I rarely
used mythmusic at all.
I have browsed the .25 a bit and must say i liked the fact that you
now can easily select albums which i consider a huge improvement.
Navigating the music tree is still a pain though with a remote, but I
have ordered a keyboard/remote device to see if that works a bit
better with mythmusic.

But for the alternatives, there used to be a squeezebox plugin for
mythtv, the current squeezebox looks a bit more like mythmusic did
i would love to see that plugin revived although I admit it would be
for the internet radio bit in stead of the mp3 bit.
Here's a few links