[mythtv-users] Disk Space Way Wrong

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 17:46:44 UTC 2012

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 1:13 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:

> This thread makes me so sad. The way Mark has been responded to in
> this thread is just uncalled for. He was nothing but respectful in
> this thread, helped identify a problem, and even provided code to deal
> with it. The only thing he said that was perhaps questionable was
> "Symlinks are an incredibly useful feature, you should discover them
> someday." That last part of that could certain be better worded, but I
> took it as more tounge-in-cheek than insulting.
>
> Meanwhile, he has been responded to by sarcastically comparing him to
> Jesus, mocking for his attempts to contribute in the way he chooses,
> told that he thinks he's better than everyone else, and told he
> doesn't know what he's doing in organizing a file system. I understand
> that some posters get pretty nasty around here in their bitching about
> what a poor job they think the devs do, and it make some people around
> here sensitive to comments. But what Mark posted was nothing like
> that, and he did not deserve the response he got.

+1.  Let's just try to get along.  MythTV is a great open-source project
and I've been privileged to use it for many years.  It seems that recently
more and more arguments and general nastiness has broken out on this list
and it's not appreciated.  If you don't have something nice to say, don't
say anything at all.  :-)

/Brian/