[mythtv-users] libcec support

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Sat Apr 21 10:58:44 UTC 2012

Hi Jack,

On 21.04.2012 12:31, Jack wrote:
> I have just upgraded to 0.25 and have one of those adapters for libcec.
>
> Libcec and cec-client works, however myth does not appear to be using
> it. Is there any set-up configuration I should be doing?

Are you using the Mythbuntu packages? They have just gotten CEC
support enabled around 5 days ago. You might need to update to a newer
fixes/0.25 to get CEC support in MythTV.

(see 469. at https://code.launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/mythtv/mythtv-fixes )

> I know that there is a cec-config program that prepares a file for XBMC
> - does Myth require this file somewhere?

I don't know, sorry. Maybe the commitlog here is of use?
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/e090e9969c87136d4f6793988107a62ef249fe78/mythtv

It would be great if you could document your findings on the wiki if
you get it working. Maybe at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Consumer_Electronics_Control

Regards,
Karl