[mythtv-users] Batch cut list

Marco Quezada mellamanjefe at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 21:12:25 UTC 2012

I have several kids recordings for shows from our local pbs station that I
would like to edit. I have been recording them for a while and have noticed
that there is a very reliable pattern for when the recording starts and
ends and where the actual show starts and ends. So I would like to generate
a cut list for each of these shows that trims a set number of seconds from
the beginning and the end. I am not too concerned about precision, the
trimmed recordings are going onto a dvd for the kids to watch during road
trips.

The recordings are run through the commercial flagging job but although it
works really well for other stations, pbs leaves their logo on during some
of their promos (they don't have commercials). So the commflag cut list is
no good for me and because I have a fair amount of these shows, it takes me
a long time to go through the editor and generate the cuts manually.

Is there a way to call a command line process that you can give a range of
frames or times to use to build a cut list for a recording?

-Marco