[mythtv-users] h.264 transcoding

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Thu Apr 19 17:07:45 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012, at 11:29 AM, Raymond Norton wrote:

> > Github where I took from the original author:
> > https://github.com/rshendershot/MythRokuPlayer/blob/3a555263e235a41ac0836330056d246db844bf88/mythroku/rokuencode.sh
> >

> I would like to try this from the command line, but getting errors. Can
> you post an example?

I am not sure what you are asking - you will have to define this as a
user job and output the info it asks for (I think %DIR% %FILE%) in the
command line.  You will have to make the script executable, or at least
sh /usr/local/whereveryouputit/rokuencode.sh

It is not a standalone program/script - it gets info from myth, does the
transcoding, then updates the database using those parameters (so that
is why it is erroring out)...

If you just want to see the quality of the transcode, just use
handbrake...
--
  Kris B.
  krisbee at krisbee.com