[mythtv-users] h.264 transcoding

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Thu Apr 19 15:44:37 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012, at 10:13 AM, Raymond Norton wrote:
> I have been through the wiki, looking for transcode scripts for User
> Jobs. I am most interested in transcoding all recordings to h.264. The
> scripts I have tried from the wiki and googling around err out for one
> reason or another (I have libx264 enabled). Does anyone have a link to
> an h.264 script known to work with 0.25?

I have posted one that i use in conjunction with my Roku as a user job.
I actually run two of them - one that just transcodes, and one that hard
cuts the commericals out.  This was developed by the people who made the
mythroku channel for the roku - I just slightly tweaked for myself.
Basically, it uses handbrake - you can modify the size/bitrate as
needed.  Many of us use the iphone setting since we use the roku as a
cheap frontend on SD tv's - so you can tweak as needed - I think the
ipad settings will be HD, if that is important, or you can roll your
own..

My original posting, however it doesn't format correctly:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/498523?do=post_view_threaded

Mostly my tweaks were logging so I didn't get the whole Handbrake
output, and I rerun mythcommflag so the seektable will work properly in
mythfrontend, plus there may have been another that I can't remember...

Github where I took from the original author:
https://github.com/rshendershot/MythRokuPlayer/blob/3a555263e235a41ac0836330056d246db844bf88/mythroku/rokuencode.sh

--
  Kris B.
  krisbee at krisbee.com