[mythtv-users] Cannot connect to mythconverg

David Crawford davidcrawford83 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 12:55:15 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Since upgrading to 0.25 it worked for a while and then checking again I
cannot connect to the mythconverg database and the mythbackend setup fails
to run.

When running 'mythbackend' from the terminal it asks me to configure the
databse and I follow the instructions and at the end it tells me it cannot
find (ping) the database mythconverg on the local network.

Can anyone provide me with a bit of advice on how to get this to work
again?

Cheers

Dave