[mythtv-users] Call for sample recordings for testing commercial flagging (WAS: THIS IS A NON-COMMERCIAL MAILING LIST )

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 19:20:58 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 9:07 AM, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:
> Would you prefer recordings of complete shows, to test the complete
> commflagging algorithm, or are short snippets of program-to-commercial and
> commercial-to-program transitions sufficient, to only test detection of
> those?

Replied off-list, but to make it more clear:  Full show recordings are
best as part of the new algorithm may be including the timing of the
commercial within the program itself.

And since I just changed the subject, I'll paste in what I said before:

One of my ongoing projects within mythtv is a complete overhaul of
commflagging.  If we want it to work for anything but just the north
american market (except by dumb luck), I will need examples.  To be
exact, full, unedited recordings with a variety of commercial cutovers
(if there's more than one), and a variety of actual content style.
The bigger sample set I have for testing, the better I can make things
work.  I need ones that fail miserably now, and ones that work now...
a sampling of what needs to be dealt with.

The best way to do this is with an SD card or the like (of around 16GB
or larger so we can get a few recordings on there).  I can provide my
mailing address to any takers, and if needed, I can ship it back once
I've copied the files off.