[mythtv-users] How-to AirPlay question

A Desai ashu.desai at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 18:03:25 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 9:45 AM, Jk90090 <jk90090 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Did you rerun configure, without options, in the base source directory,
> and then run the make, and install yet?
>

> On Apr 18, 2012, at 7:37 AM, A Desai <ashu.desai at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> My friend who also has Myth helps me with issues. I started compiling this
> myself in the hope to learn a bit more about linux. However, that is
> besides the point. For some reason, even though I have got the fixes/0.25
> and compiled it per instructions, something is not working - which is why I
> need help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ash
>

> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 8:44 AM, Thomas Boehm <
> mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net> wrote:
>
>> A Desai wrote:
>> > That's why I mentioned - I need to be told - I am no linux champ here;
>> > barely making it.
>>
>> ... and yet you try to compile it by yourself? There are plenty of
>> repositories out there for any distribution.

My apologies for top-posting. No offence taken as far as to why I am not
getting a packaged version. I have been doing this for 6 odd years now, and
slowly getting better. There was a time when I couldn't do jack unless my
friend here helped me out. Now I can do over 50% with this discussion forum
help. So I believe in the next 6 yrs, I should be able to get somewhere!!!
:)

 I think the problem was that I did not do make/make install after
installing openssl-devel. I did that under mythplugins (now I know better -
plugins have nothing to do with the AirPlay).

I now see RAOP message - but since I am remote, and via XMING, I am not
sure what I should be seeing.

Just to be funky - I tried SSL VPNing in home on my iPhone, I believe
broadcast/multicast are enabled on my FW as well. But it doesn't see it. I
can only know once I get back home from work to see if it really works.

----------------

[root at FE mythtv]# ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-libmp3lame
--enable-libx264 --enable-libvpx --enable-libxvid --enable-nonfree
# Basic Settings
Compile type              profile
Compiler cache            symlink gcc
DistCC                    no
qmake                     /usr/lib/qt47/bin/qmake
install prefix            /usr
runtime prefix            /usr
CPU                       x86 x86_32 (model name        : Intel(R) Atom(TM)
CPU  230   @ 1.60GHz)
yasm                      yes
MMX enabled               yes
MMX2 enabled              yes
3DNow! enabled            yes
3DNow! extended enabled   yes
SSE enabled               yes
SSSE3 enabled             yes
CMOV enabled              no

# Input Support
Joystick menu             yes
lirc support              yes
libCEC device support     no [/usr/include]
Video4Linux sup.          yes (v1 yes)
ivtv support              yes
HD-PVR support            yes
FireWire support          no
DVB support               yes [/usr/include]
DVB-S2 support            yes
HDHomeRun support         yes
Ceton support             yes
IPTV support              yes
ASI support               no

# Sound Output Support
PulseAudio support        no
OSS support               yes
ALSA support              yes
JACK support              no
libfftw3 support          no

# Video Output Support
x11 support               yes
xrandr support            yes
xv support                yes
VDPAU support             yes
VAAPI support             no
CrystalHD support         no
OpenGL video              yes
MHEG support              yes
libass subtitle support   no

# Misc Features
multi threaded libavcodec yes
libxml2 support           yes [/usr/include/libxml2]
libdns_sd (Bonjour)       yes
libcrypto                 yes
Frontend                  yes
Backend                   yes
OpenGL ES 2.0             no

# Bindings
bindings_perl             yes
bindings_python           yes
bindings_php              yes

# External Codec Options
mp3lame                   yes
faac                      no
xvid                      yes
x264                      yes
vpx                       yes

Creating libs/libmythbase/mythconfig.h and libs/libmythbase/mythconfig.mak

external/FFmpeg/libavutil/avconfig.h is unchanged

Thank you for the help. Now for my remaining couple problems - but that on
another thread.

Appreciate your time/effort everyone.

Ash

--