[mythtv-users] Cutlist editor: recovery from operator malfunction

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 16:54:48 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 9:21 AM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:
> When using the cutlist editor I sometimes mistakenly select both 'Cut to
> Beginning' and 'Cut to End' from edit points that are very close together.
>  If I recognise that I've done this I can recover inside the editor by
> deleting one of the cuts or the entire cutlist, but once back to the Watch
> Recordings screen it's difficult: playback starts and stops again before
> changes can be made.
>
> The remedy I use is mythcommflag (or in 0.25 mythutil) --clearcutlist, but
> that's outside the normal user repertoire.  May I suggest that it be added
> as an option selectable via the screen Menu key?   Or is it lurking unseen
> already?  User Job?

It's a good idea to add a "Clear Cut List" item to some submenu in the
Watch Recordings screen.

In the meantime, you could probably add a custom user job that would
allow you to run "mythutil --clearcutlist".

Another possibility (I haven't tried it yet so this is just a guess)
would be to try to get playback to pause immediately after starting.
I believe if you press PAUSE during the ~2-second "Please Wait...."
period of playback startup, the keypress should queue up and get
processed right at startup.  At this point, there would be the
opportunity to enter the cutlist editor.

Jim