[mythtv-users] Can I have dual audio out? Hdmi and spdif

Geoff mythtv at jagds.com
Wed Apr 18 08:40:28 UTC 2012

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Kevin Johnson
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 5:42 PM
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: [mythtv-users] Can I have dual audio out? Hdmi and spdif

Please disregard the previous link.  I failed.

Hi all.
I have been searching for a while and cant quite come up with an answer.
I have tried all possible settings in the audio setup section of mythtv.
But I can never get both to output at the same time.
I would like to be able to have the hdmi portion go to the tv, and the spdif
go to my receiver at the same time?  Possible or no?
I have a link to all my alsa information and kernel version here as there is
a lot of info.
I am using mythbuntu .24 with the latest fixes.
Thanks to all.

Have a look at this thread
He has simultaneously HDMI, optical and analog output working

Try free scan!