[mythtv-users] Progress indicator is inaccurate for recordings made with .25 (OSD indicates that show is completed at any part of the recording)

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 02:03:23 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 6:10 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 04/16/2012 11:00 PM, Gabe Rubin wrote:
>>
>> I am having lots of fun with the new .25 release.  I have come across
>> a problem with the progress indicator OSD showing that the program is
>> completed no matter where in the recording I happen to be.  For
>> example, I am watching last night's Eastbound&  Down and at the start
>>
>> of the episode, when I hit pause, the OSD indicates 29:52 of 29:52 and
>> the progress bar is full.
>>
>> > From what I can tell, this is only occurring for programs that have
>> recorded since I upgraded to .25.
>

> Sounds a lot like a crashed table in MySQL.  Please run optimize_mythdb.pl
> or use the backend HTML page or MythWeb to run a database repair.
>
> Mike

Thanks for the suggestion, Mike; however, this did not work.  I ran
the script, rebuilt one of the seektables for a program, and re-ran
the script and still have the same issue.

There is some new developments though.  One of my recordings from
today behaves properly (at least as far as the OSD issue I described
is concerned).  That was Pardon The Interruption on ESPN.

Another of my recordings (Colbert Report from early this morning)
displays only 38 seconds and I cannot seek forward.  It also displays
38 seconds as the total time.