[mythtv-users] THIS IS A NON-COMMERCIAL MAILING LIST (WAS: Re: Torc for iOS - Application Submitted to the App Store for Review)

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 02:18:10 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 9:15 PM, Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> wrote:

> <snip>
>
>  When Gavin Hurlbut last year solicited interest in that little HD-PVR
> power-cycling gadget, he almost immediately took further discussion
> off the list and created another for it. (I bought one.) I doubt the
> developers would have objected to Robert similarly making a one-time
> announcement that pointed those interested in more information to a
> Torc Website or mailing list or forum. Instead, he stated:

I didn't know about the hdpvr power gadget until yesterday.  Had I known
last year, I would have bought a couple then and would have been providing
a better user experience to my family (which would result in more funding,
it's all politics you know!).  We all spend money running mythtv one way or
another.

My point is that some conversations around paid products/services are
beneficial to users. Perhaps a single page on the wiki with simple links to
vendor sites would be a way for users to see what is available without
violating mailing list rules.

Dave