[mythtv-users] THIS IS A NON-COMMERCIAL MAILING LIST (WAS: Re: Torc for iOS - Application Submitted to the App Store for Review)

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 01:47:41 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 00:56, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> We're all humans, if open source means you can't be annoyed that
> someone is making money of your work, you're deluded.

I wonder if the Apache developers are annoyed that there
are companies making billions of dollars from supporting
LAMP?

If someone making money off ones work annoys one,
perhaps one should consider another license for ones
next project.  And anyone who contributes code under
a specific license should be well aware of the implications
of that code being leveraged under those license terms.

> Anyhow, that's all I will say about this from now on.

And again, if the core team care to have "the rest of us"
understand, they need to share more, or we shall continue
useless conjecture.

Gary