[mythtv-users] Fanless GT220

Ryan Davis rrdavis at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 20:08:31 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have been reading all the posts about the issues surrounding the GT 430
in 60 Hz countries.   I live in the US and looking to build a BE/FE with a
fanless video card.  I'll be using it mostly to watch and record OTA
content.  Seems like the GT430 may not have enough headroom to de-interlace
with advance 2X.
The GT 220 is supposed to handle all this perfectly but I only see a few
expensive options for  a fanless GT220 ($85 Amazon).  Is there a better
option out there?  Has anyone added a passive cooler to a fanned GPU with
good success.

Thanks