[mythtv-users] find_orphans.py

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 22:53:46 UTC 2012

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 04/15/2012 05:04 PM, Nick Rout wrote:
>
>  4.  I ran ./mythwikiscripts, and here's what I see:
>>>
>>> josh at Myth-Backend:/usr/bin$ ./mythwikiscripts
>>> MythTV Interactive Script Downloader.
>>> This script parses the wiki, and may take several minutes.
>>>   0: Exit
>>> Please choose a category.

>>> josh at Myth-Backend:/usr/bin$
>>>
>>>  From the output given by mythwikiscripts, it seems like an interactive
>>> script would allow more interaction that the exit command.  Should I be
>>> seeing something different than what I see?
>>>

>> I get
>>
>> nick at media:~$ mythwikiscripts
>> MythTV Interactive Script Downloader.
>> This script parses the wiki, and may take several minutes.
>>   0: Quit
>> Channel Change Scripts:

> A very long list of scripts was here, as expected.
>
> I get the same thing Josh gets, but it took 96 seconds. But, I'm running
> v0.26-pre
> and he mentioned in the original post that he's running .25. (and Nick
> just posted
> the same result with 0.25)
>
> =======
>
> Josh, perhaps this isn't a problem *finding* the find_orphans.py script,
> but
> an error message resulting from *running* it. What I'd do to confirm that
> is
> edit the script and add something near the bottom - then run it again:
>
> if __name__ == '__main__':
>    if len(sys.argv) == 2:
>        main(sys.argv[1])
>    else:
>        print 'Just testing.' <<<<---- add something like this.
>        main()
>
> Also, when I attempt to run a file that doesn't exist, this
> is what is printed:
>
> bill at mc0:/tmp$ ./fred
> -bash: ./fred: No such file or directory
>
> But when you tried it, the output was:
>

> josh at Myth-Backend:/store$ ./find_orphans.pl
> : No such file or directory
>
> We're both running 11.10, but I'm on ubuntu and you're on xbuntu.
> Also, I have no idea what shell you're running. In any case, try
> the print 'Just testing.' test above.
>
> --
> Bill

Nick,

 checked my version of libmyth-python and saw the following:

> Version: 2:0.25.0+fixes.20120415.76df8e6-0ubuntu0mythbuntu3

which seems appropriate.

I tried running mythwikiscripts from another frontend machine, running
mythbuntu 11.10, and it gave me the same result, the only option being "0"
to quit.  After seeing that, I ran it on a virtualbox install of ubuntu
11.10, and on that machine, it seemed to work correctly, showing 95
options.  I tried using the script to download the files on this machine,
but none seem to work.  Where is the script supposed to put the files it
downloads?