[mythtv-users] MythBrowser + Flash + BBC iPlayer

Giles gbirchley at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Apr 15 14:21:03 UTC 2012

Hi Stephen,

I'm using Fedora 16 x86_64 and I have the same issue of iplayer not working within any mythtv plugins (I'm still on mythtv 0.24-fixes). I'm using the 32 bit flash inside a "wrapper" - I wonder if anyone is using native 64-bit flash (although I'm aware this is not recommended as it is beta and not updated for security leaks)?

As far as I know the mythtv mailing list line is that it is an iplayer or flash problem not a mythtv problem, which is why you're unlikely to get any joy on the mailing list. I work around the problem (and also get the Channel 4 on demand website) by configuring a button on my menu to open firefox at the iplayer page. Although it may offend you if you're a mythtv purist it works fine, and if you open firefox fullscreen it doesn't particularly look out of pace with the mythtv theme.

I'm happy to give you details of how I did this if you like, but as the info is all out there, and it's not an especially technical operation, I won't spam the mailing list with unnecessary details.

Giles