[mythtv-users] MythBrowser + Flash + BBC iPlayer

Stephen Tan stan at stanandliz.net
Sat Apr 14 23:59:20 UTC 2012

On 11 April 2012 22:02, Chris Jewell <chrism0dwk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> It seems that iPlayer is a regular feature on these mailing lists!  I've just upgraded to 0.25, and have found that I cannot use BBC iPlayer (www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer) in MythBrowser.  When I navigate to a video, the page loads, and briefly the outline of the embedded flash player appears, before the area goes black (ie the same colour as the webpage background).  If I scroll the webpage, the image of the unstarted player appears in the top right of the screen, but shifted slightly left out of the page boundary.
>
> I'm guessing this might be a Qt WebKit problem, but interested to know if anyone is repeating this problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

Same issue.

I have never been able to get Iplayer to work in Mythtv using either
Mythnetvision or Mythbrowser. I tried again when I upgraded to 0.25
last week and  it would seem that Mythbrowser can't play Flash when on
the Iplayer site. It works fine for other content. I am using
Mythbuntu 64 bit. Iplayer works fine when I access it in Chrome or
Firefox.

And yes, I am in the UK.

This is very frustrating as it prevents me giving 0.25 a 10/10 rating.

Youtube works fine in Mythnetvision which is annoying as it shows that
Flash does work under some circumstances!

Any direction or advice would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone else
out there have Iplayer working in any form at all?