[mythtv-users] 0.25 audio output not working "correctly"

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 04:36:42 UTC 2012

this is probably directly for JYA:
I'm upgrading my parents setup and one of their ION machines refuses
to play audio through Myth with ALSA:hdmi:CARD=NVidia

in mplayer -ao alsa:device=default works but -ao alsa:device=hdmi does not

in 0.24 we used ALSA:hw:CARD=NVidia,DEV=7 to get it to work so I tried
manually placing that in the database and it works.

It works, so that makes me happy, but I assume this is not how it
should be, so I'm throwing this out there as a possible bug.

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,