[mythtv-users] Date format in 0.25 'Watch Recordings' screen

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Fri Apr 13 21:38:42 UTC 2012

On 13/04/12 19:50, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 04/12/2012 02:15 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
>> Hi: I usually have the date format set so that I get a direct
>> indication of a recording's filename ( ie Thurs 2012-04-12) but in
>> 0.25 MythCenter_Wide this now shows as the 'friendly' translation to
>> 'Today', without the date. Is there a way to override this?
>
> Out of curiosity, why do you need to know the file name?

Usually because I'm setting up a run of mythcutprojectx or other jobs
such as resetting file size, rebuilding  seektables etc, perhaps after
concatenating recordings.  I have just never got around to experiments
with running these as user jobs.  Foreground work comes naturally after
manual editing and lets me catch problems early. The keyboard history
usually cuts the keystroke count.  So it's as below.  I use mythlink.pl
output sorted by filesize too, to help in DVD authoring.

> If you're using MythTV recording files outside of MythTV (i.e. for
> playback on another player/device), you should be using something like
> mythlink.pl to create human-readable links to the machine-readable file
> names. Or, if you really need to know on a case-by-case basis, you can
> use the INFO key (or DETAILS) to see the details.

True.  And if a recording has been imported from another box I sometimes
change the chanid and the main display becomes confusing.

I guess I treat MythTV less like an appliance than do most users - and I
don't currently have my screen set up to remind me of today's date.

But I still feel that if I set up a date format I might expect it to be
used :-)